Je suis une île (French edition) - Tamsin Calidas
search
  • Je suis une île (French edition) - Tamsin Calidas

Je suis une île (French edition) - Tamsin Calidas

Folio

1 Last items in stock

When Tamsin Calidas leaves London for a Scottish island, she imagines an idyllic life. But the reality is harsher. This poetic narrative tells of her struggle to find her place in a nature that is both hostile and generous. I Am an Island is a personal quest, where the author rediscovers her inner strength in the heart of the Hebrides. A moving book about resilience and rebirth.

Language
French 🇫🇷
€8.44
In stock, delivered within 1 to 5 working days

Payment 100% secure

Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Paypal or 3 times, interest-free with Scalapay

Shipping costs

0.01€ from 35€ of purchase in France and from 99€ throughout Europe

Delivery

Delivery in France and around the world at home, at office or in a pickup point

Description

I Am an Island by Tamsin Calidas is a poignant testimony on the quest for self, hope, and rebirth in a wild and isolated environment. When the author decides to leave urban life in London to settle with her husband on a small farm on an island in the Hebrides, she dreams of a meaningful existence, in harmony with nature.

This radical choice initially appears to be an idyllic adventure. Tamsin Calidas envisions a simple life, made up of manual labor, local friendships, and a deep connection with the land and the sea. But the reality is much more complex. The couple quickly encounters unexpected challenges: lack of money, harsh weather conditions, and solitude. These trials strain their relationship, ultimately leading to separation.

Alone in the sometimes hostile nature of this Scottish archipelago, Tamsin Calidas must learn to survive, rebuild herself, and find her place in this isolated world. What begins as a dream transforms into an inner journey, where each day becomes a struggle for survival but also an opportunity to discover a new strength within herself.

As the pages turn, I Am an Island immerses us in the author's daily life, her interactions with animals, her complex relationship with the elements, and her discovery of the island's hidden treasures. The sea, the harsh yet sublime landscapes, the island's inhabitants: all become a mirror of her own emotions, fears, but also hopes.

This narrative is profoundly poetic. Through sensitive and precise writing, Tamsin Calidas describes the gradual transformation of this woman faced with isolation, pain, but also the raw beauty of nature. It is a story of resilience, a return to the essential, where the island becomes a symbol of a hidden eden, a place where one can reinvent oneself, beyond fears and uncertainties.

Ultimately, I Am an Island is much more than a simple life story. It is a meditation on nature's ability to heal us, offer us refuge, and allow us to be reborn. This book is an ode to chosen solitude, to the beauty of the wild world, and to the inner strength that each of us can find when facing our own demons.

I Am an Island is a book that will speak to anyone seeking meaning in their existence, who are drawn to stories of personal transformation, and who believe in the restorative power of nature.

Additional Information:

• Format: Paperback
  • EAN13: 9782264083951
  • ISBN: 978-2-264-08395-1
  • Publisher: 10-18
  • Publication Date: 02/2024
  • Collection: Foreign Literature
  • Number of Pages: 408
  • Dimensions: 17.9 x 11 x 1.9 cm
  • Weight: 210 g
  • Language: French

Details